Monday, January 12, 2009

A Day of Firsts

" When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another". Helen Keller


Today is the first day of my blogging adventure. With family and friends scattered far and wide I have decided to have a place online where we can all meet and you can share more fully in our daily lives. The business of our lives often takes us away from one another and I know of often miss the little day to day things that are happening in my parents, siblings and children's lives.


Take today for example. I learnt that my No 3 son is getting married and also will become a dad for the first time making me a grandma also for the first time. He lives in Weatherford, Texas in the USA a long way from all his family here in Australia so what better way for him to share in our comings and goings than to have a blog. I also learnt that my neice Sam and her partner Martin have bought their first home and move in in 2 weeks. Lots of firsts today. It takes my mind back to the time my first husband and I bought our first home and the excitement and trepidation that came with it. I remember when I learnt I was to be a mother for the first time and telling my Mum she would be a grandma. and along with that came all the questions... Would I be able to manage? How would I know what to do? Well I have learnt to live with imperfection. Nobody is perfect, we all have limitations but it is what we do with the gifts we do have that matters the most so my gift to my family and friends is this little space in blogging land.

No comments:

Post a Comment